Traditional dentures can be a great option for replacing missing teeth. They provide an aesthetic solution that is relatively affordable and can help restore the functionality of your smile. However, retained dentures offer exceptional benefits over traditional removable dentures. Implant-retained dentures are a great option for those who want to improve the quality of their removable denture because they are more secure, aesthetically pleasing, and durable.
Whether you’re considering retained dentures for the first time or looking to upgrade from traditional removable dentures, there are many benefits that make retained dentures a great option. For Raleigh, North Carolina retained denture solutions, look no further than NewStart Denture + Implant Partners. Reach out to our team at 919.822.9154 today to learn more about retained dentures and find out if you’re a candidate.
An Overview of Retained Dentures
Before taking a look at the benefits of this denture solution, it can help to understand what retained dentures are. Retained dentures, also known as implant-supported or implant-retained dentures, consist of a false set of teeth retained by a number of implants. During the implantation process, titanium posts are surgically implanted in the jawbone to support a denture or bridge. This not only creates a stronger foundation for the dentures, but it also helps to preserve the jawbone and facial structure as natural teeth would.
5 of the Biggest Benefits of Retained Dentures
Why choose retained dentures over traditional removable dentures? Here are five of the biggest benefits retained dentures have to offer:
- Improved chewing function – When you have implants to retain your dentures, you will be able to chew with significantly more force than you could with traditional dentures. This means that you can eat the foods you love without having to worry about your dentures slipping or falling out.
- Enhanced speaking ability – Implants provide support for your lips and cheeks, which gives you the ability to speak more clearly than you could with traditional dentures.
- Increased confidence – Because they are more secure and stable, retained dentures will give you the confidence to smile, laugh, and speak without worry.
- Improved oral health – Unlike traditional dentures, which can actually lead to bone loss in the jaw, retained dentures help to preserve the bone in your jaws and keep your teeth healthy.
- Long-term solution – Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime with proper care, which means that your retained denture will be a long-term solution for tooth loss.
Choosing retained dentures from NewStart Denture + Implant Partners is a great way to improve the quality of your smile and enjoy a more secure, comfortable, and natural-looking denture.
Are You a Candidate for Retained Dentures?
If you think that retained dentures may be right for you, the best way to find out for sure is to schedule a consultation. However, these dentures are usually best for patients who have healthy gums and sufficient bone structure in their jaw. If you have severe gum disease or bone loss, it may be difficult for you to get retained dentures, and a different type of denture may be recommended.
Contact NewStart Denture + Implant Partners Today
We believe that there is a perfect solution for every patient. These aren’t your granddad’s dentures—they’re modern, long-lasting, and aesthetically pleasing. You don’t have to settle when it comes to your smile. Using revolutionary technology and techniques, retained dentures can provide you with a secure, natural-looking smile.
If retained dentures sound like the solution for you, contact NewStart Denture + Implant Partners to get started today by calling 919.822.9154 or by reaching out online. Our experienced team of denture specialists will be able to answer any questions you may have and help you find the right retained denture solution.