If you have lost one or more teeth, you may be wondering what your options are for replacing them. At NewStart Denture + Implant Partners, we offer dental bridges as one solution for tooth loss. Discover the benefits of dental bridges and how they can help you regain your smile.
What Are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge, also known as a pontic, is a false tooth that is fused between two crowns to fill in the area left by a missing tooth. The two crowns holding it in place are attached to adjacent teeth, called abutment teeth, and the false tooth sits in the middle. Dental bridges are usually made from porcelain or ceramic, and they can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
Dental bridges are an important part of maintaining your oral health. They can help to prevent your other teeth from shifting out of place, and they can also help you to chew and speak properly. If you have a missing tooth, a dental bridge is a good way to restore your smile.
If you are considering a dental bridge, it is important to consult with a qualified dentist to ensure that it is the right option for you. The dentist will take X-rays and impressions of your teeth in order to create a custom-fit bridge. The dental bridge benefits will surprise and delight you!
Dental Bridge Benefits: Types of Dental Bridges
There are four main types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges – These bridges consist of one or more pontics (false teeth) and are supported by abutment teeth (natural teeth) on either side. Traditional bridges are the most common type of dental bridge.
- Cantilever bridges – Cantilever bridges are similar to traditional bridges, but they are only supported by abutment teeth on one side.
- Maryland bridges – A Maryland bridge is made of a metal framework with a false tooth that is attached to the framework. The framework is then bonded to the back of the adjacent teeth.
- Implant-supported bridges – Implant-supported bridges are supported by dental implants, which are titanium posts that are surgically placed in the jawbone.
The type of dental bridge that is right for you will depend on the location of the missing tooth (or teeth) and the health of the adjacent teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
There are many benefits of dental bridges, including:
1. Improved Appearance
Dental bridges can help to improve the appearance of your smile by filling in the gaps left by missing teeth. This can help you to feel more confident about your smile.
2. Improved Oral Health
Dental bridges can help to improve your oral health by filling in the gaps and restoring your teeth to their natural position. This can help to prevent problems with your teeth and gums in the future.
3. Improved Comfort
Dental bridges can help to improve your comfort by filling in the gaps left by missing teeth. This can help to reduce any discomfort you may feel when chewing or speaking.
4. Improved Durability
Dental bridges are made from strong materials, such as porcelain or ceramic, and they can last for many years with proper care.
5. Improved Value
Dental bridges can add value to your smile by filling in the gaps left by missing teeth. This can help you to feel more confident about your smile and improve your overall oral health.
Dental bridges can last for many years with proper care. With proper care, your bridge can help you to enjoy a healthy and beautiful smile for years to come!
How to Care for Your North Carolina Dental Bridges
It is important to take care of your dental bridges in order to ensure their longevity. Here are some tips for caring for your dental bridges:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Floss your teeth once a day with a floss threader
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash once a day
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings
- Avoid chewing on hard foods, such as ice or hard candy
- Avoid tobacco products, as they can stain your teeth and cause other oral health problems
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your dental bridges will last for many years. If you have any questions about caring for your dental bridges, our team at NewStart Denture + Implant Partners can help. We are here to help you enjoy a healthy and beautiful smile offering the best quality North Carolina dental bridges.
NewStart Denture + Implant Partners Provides Quality Dental Bridges in Raleigh, North Carolina
If you are considering dental bridges in Raleigh, North Carolina, our team can help. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible care, and we will work with you to find the best solution for your needs.
End the suffering of an incomplete smile, and call 919.822.9154 today to set up an appointment to see if a dental bridge is the right solution for you!